Thursday 26 July 2012

Snippets of Ottawa - eating Greek style

Apologies as my blog posts are kind of tapering off as we prepare ourselves for the next adventure! The last couple of days have been filled with packing and trying our best to sell furniture. Then after Saturday the blog posts will be completely sporadic as I don't know what our internet access will be like :( 

Yesterday, however, we did take some time off to go eat some Greek food with one of my best mates, here, Maria. Her family is from Crete and with her, we've had a tour of Greek eateries in Ottawa, including her parents' restaurant (see the blog post on Arnprior). Here are a few pics - I didn't actually take the camera and I forgot to ask her to take a pic of the actual pitas, but trust me, they were yum. 

I had the pork pita (like I did the first time we went here, sans Will) and he had the lamb. So good. Also we had Greek fries which are fries doused in olive oil and sprinkled with crumbled feta and dried oregano. 

For anyone that lives in Ottawa and wants to try it out, The Souvlaki Shack is on Bank Street, just past Lisgar. :) 



Apparently the Greek symbols in the name are s's not e's. Grssk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment